The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 14 December 1985

Saturday with Miranda

‘Love Moves In Strange Ways’ – Blue Zoo


Went into town, where I met BMW and Phoebe. Phoebe gave me a card to give to Cheggers, a card for Jazz from Anna and a letter for Cheggers and me.

When BMW and Phoebe had gone, I bumped into Noreen and then Joey. We went round town, then Noreen and I caught the bus to Walton Highway and I went to George’s.

This evening, I worked on an Outside Bar for George, and earned a fiver.

I feel even more ill…

OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

This time 4 years ago:
‘Watched Blake’s 7: Warlord







…It was good.’

This time 2 years ago:
‘I got Doctor Who Monthly 84.’


This time last year:
Gran Winterfood rang me and asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I asked her to order me the 2000AD Ro-Busters book. This evening, I helped out at the school Christmas Fayre, and bought the second ever Doctor Who Annual for five pence!


I had to dress up as a gorilla and ended up chasing some sexy 2nd Years around the place. It was an interesting evening. Owen Thomas is now going out with Rachel Baker. I had to kiss Chompers for her Kissing Competition. Beef ended up chatting up Sally Batterham. We all walked up to Walton Highway bus shelter and spent the rest of the evening chatting…’

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative and contextual purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

No comments:

Post a Comment