The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 20 December 1985

Non-Uniform Day

‘So Good To Be Back Home Again’ – The Tourists


Last day of term! Hoo-flamin’-ray! It was, of course, non-uniform day. I wore my black, silky smoking jacket (v. trendy), black slacks and a long white shirt. I went round all day with Jazz and Astra Trellis. In the afternoon, our year watched Gremlins (again!) in the library.

I was happy to receive Christmas kisses from Astra Trellis, Mandy Dell, Bev Thingumajig, Tara Speed and, er, Jazz Thompson.

I’m sleeping at Joey’s. Boring!

OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

This time 11 years ago:
‘I got Planet Of The Apes Weekly 9.’


This time 6 years ago:
‘I got Doctor Who Weekly 11.’


This time 2 years ago:
‘Hooray! At last! The last day of school. No more prison! I went ice-skating with the school to Peterborough. I bought some American Marvel mags while I was there: Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man 87 and Marvel Tales 160

…I also got my report…

WETLANDS HIGH SCHOOL
School Road,
West Walton,
Wisbech,
Cambs.

Headmaster: Oscar Chorley

Dear Parent,

I am very pleased to be able to tell you that, according to
MOST OF your child’s subject teachers, he has made satisfactory progress in MOST subjects this half term.

Moreover, I am particularly pleased to note that in
R.E. and ENGLISH the subject teacher has given particular praise.

I am concerned however that Ritcherd has not been able to bring any ingredients for practical cookery lessons to date. I hope to see an improvement in the new year, as he particularly wanted to take the subject.


CONGRATULATIONS!

I would like to remind you that every half-year your child’s attainment will be assessed in every subject and you will receive a full report.

Yours sincerely,

N. Fielding

Form Teacher

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative and contextual purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

No comments:

Post a Comment