The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 24 December 1985

Christmas Eve 1985

Christmas Eve 1985!!!
‘I Believe In Father Christmas’ – Greg Lake


The tension mounts, does it not? What pressies will I get?

I went into town today and bought prezzies for George, Elaine (his girlfriend), Freddie, Paula, and Queenie (Freddie’s mum). I saw Astra Trellis and told her she’d been mentioned on some of Flash’s latest tapes. I don’t know why, but right now I feel like I am more into Astra Trellis’s friendship than BMW’s love…

I went to BMW’s to give her the massive card, and then came home to await tomorrow!

I’ve also started my Christmas Situation: Hopeless cassette entitled A Christmas Arsehole. This will be a double-pack and Flash is doing the other half: Christmas At The Villas. I am recording it on the usual crappy Triumph stereo with the crap microphone (and, sadly, sometimes on the shitty hand-held mono). The whole plan is to document our respective 1985 Christmases.


Jabba – have a fat Christmas!

Jazz – have a big-eared Christmas!

Nitey-nite!

OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

This time 2 years ago:
‘I went Christmas shopping today. Tonight I watched the Flash Gordon movie on TV.’

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative and contextual purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

Special thanks to
Waen Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment