The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 25 December 1985

Christmas Day 1985

CHRISTMAS DAY 1985


‘Merry Christmas Everyone’ – Shakin’ Stevens



Oh yes! This is it! Christmas spirit and all that!

Our first Christmas at Blackberry Narrow – and my first, sadly, without Jack, George or Sam.

BUT…

I’ve got lots ‘n’ loads of LPs, ranging from ABC (The Lexicon Of Love) and Kate Bush (Lionheart, Never For Ever, The Dreaming), to The Beatles (Sgt Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour and The White Album)! Yippee-doo! Groovy! Acker! I’m so chuffed!







I also got a Nemesis the Warlock book – which more than makes up for that Ro-Busters volume never arriving!


Freddie also got me a groovy video of The Beatles on Ready Steady Go!


On top of all this, I got a Buddha statue, some books, posters and some joss sticks (orange blossom – my fave).

This morning we all talked on the phone to Aunty Vi, Toyah (who got a Cabbage Patch Doll and a Barbie), Martin and our Jeff. We also spoke to Gran and Granddad Pritchard.

Queenie, Freddie’s mum, is staying here for Christmas, too.

So, I washed my hair, put on my grey and black-striped shirt and black trousers and we all went out for dinner, and guess who was our waitress?

Go on, guess!

You can’t guess, can you?!

No.

Well I’m not going to tell you.

Go on, then.

It was KATIE (Katherine), the hostess of the party that took place on the 7th of December!

When we got back, I did some more work on my Christmas cassette…

… after which, I watched All Creatures Great and Small, Only Fools and Horses and Gregory’s Girl.

Now it is time for beddy-byes.

Nite-nite.

Why hasn’t my Dad rung?

Bye!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

By the way, there’s a cryptic message at the end of the Sgt Pepper album, but I’m buggered if I know what it means…

OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

[My Granddad Pritchard joined the RAF in February 1942, but on Christmas Day 1942, he set sail for North Africa and landed at Algiers ten days later – Ritcherd, 1990]


[For Christmas 1978, I was given a
Muppet Show Diary (which is how this all started) – Ritcherd, 1990]

[For Christmas 1982, I was given a
Collins diary – Ritcherd, 1990]

This time 2 years ago:
‘Ace! I got the
Doctor Who – The Music LP, the Return of the Jedi LP, a personal stereo, a Marilyn Monroe book by Janice Anderson, and lots more!’



[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative and contextual purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

No comments:

Post a Comment