The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 2 December 1985

'Brill'

‘Brand New Friend’ – Lloyd Cole


The amahzing second day of December. Good, eh?

Mmmm?

School was shit.

And I am fervently anti-communism and anti-fascism.

OLD DIARY ENTRIES...

This time 7 years ago:
‘I got Star Wars Weekly 44.’


This time 4 years ago:
‘Watched Doctor Who: Logopolis (Part Three)…

…Great.’

My diary entry for this time last year says:

‘Mandy was supposed to come down today but she didn’t. Mum and George showed me a film called It’s A Wonderful Life. It’s brill, the best film I’ve ever seen.’

‘Brill’? ‘Brill’?!

Bah! I ask yer.

‘Acker’, m’boy, ‘Acker’! Tut!
Spazzy!

Scabfart…

Poohbag…

Widgey-head!

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative and contextual purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

No comments:

Post a Comment