The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 12 December 1985

AIDS

‘Hit That Perfect Beat’ – Bronski Beat


Tonight: East of the Enders once again!


I suffer from terrible pains these days. Usually, towards the end of the day, my whole body begins to ache – most especially my stomach and back! It’s awful! Oh no! I must have AIDS!

And the Bears can sing – dah-dah-dah-da!

What’s Britain's Number One? My favourite record lately: ‘Saving All My Love For You' by Whitney Houston. It’s also Number One in my chart. Groove!


OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

[Following his World War II career, my Granddad Pritchard resumed work at Ackton Hall Colliery on the 12th December 1946, on a wage of 14 shillings a week – Ritcherd, 1990]

This time 3 years ago:
‘I got Doctor Who Monthly 72.’


This time last year:
‘I went to Joey’s for tea. He lives in Marshland St James. Then we went to the disco at school. It was brilliant – and I received various Christmas kisses. I slow danced with Angelene Hawkins and Owen Thomas. Mandy was there, and I love her. She didn’t mind me Christmas kissing other girls at all, i.e. Angelene (3 times), Katy Gaynor (twice), Rachel Baker (three times), Rebecca Campbell (once), Amanda from the 5th Year (three times) and Sue Smith (twice). I slept over at Joey’s.’

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative and contextual purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

No comments:

Post a Comment