The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 26 November 1985

Welcome To...

‘Alive and Kicking’ – Simple Minds


WELCOME TO...

AN INVALID

A RETARD

A PILLOCK

IT’S

Ritcherd Winterfood!

(That’s big-round-nosed, unshaven, spotty, wispy-fringed, messy-haired Ritcherd Winterfood to his friends…)

A curly-headed, bug-eyed thing with a huge grey zit on the end of its nose…

I still really like Arcadia.


BOGEY! WOGEY! BOGEY!

Hey, I played a senile old man in Drama and my performance was so touching it had Astra Trellis in tears. Wow. Either I’m a brilliant actor or she’s dead soft. Or both.

OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

This time 8 years ago:
‘I watched Doctor Who: The Sun Makers (Part One).


This time 4 years ago:
‘Watched Doctor Who: The Three Doctors (Part Four)…

…I really enjoyed this one, but I don’t think Doctor Who used to be as good as it is now.’

This time last year:
Mandy didn’t talk to me at all yesterday, but after school, I rang her. She asked if she could go out with me. I said, YES! Of course. Naturally, Dave started his own betting scheme in an act of revenge, and Stan reckoned he’d screw her at Skating. I told him I’d kill him if he did, but thankfully he hasn’t carried out his strange threat. Anyway, Mandy and I have chatted quite a lot and kissed – loads of times – bloody shock! She’s very talkative. We’re just swell! Today, I went to King’s Lynn on the bus with her (and her sister). We went around the town and kissed. I bought the first issue of Captain Britain (brilliant)…

Mandy went into Bayes’ Records and bought me the Chaka Khan single

She wrote ‘Ritcherd, love Mandy’ on it. We had some photos taken in Boots. I really like her.’

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative and contextual purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

No comments:

Post a Comment