The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 9 October 1985

Letter from Miranda

'The Man With The Child In His Eyes' - Kate Bush

What have I been up to? I suppose I went to school. And farted. And fell asleep. And picked my nose. And went to school. And farted. And fell asleep. And picked my nose. And – OH
GOD!
God: does he exist? Maybe. 50 / 50 chance?!

If he does, is he Good? No! He is surely Evil.

Ritcherd of the Winterfoods x

Now I’m listening to 'Norwegian Wood' by The Beatles.



Miranda’s letter arrived today – addressed to ‘Ritcherd Winterford’! – saying:

‘please excuse the paper – the only other stuff I have is bright pink and I didn’t think you’d appreciate that…’

I would have.

She apologies for not going to Skating on the 4th:

‘I was all set to go, but then Mother decided I couldn’t…’
But she’s sure I survived without her. Not that I did.

Sue Evans wants her tape back, and BMW’s sorry to keep harping on about it, but Sue thinks I’ve lost it or I’m not going to give it back.

BMW’s worried that I don’t want to go out with her:

‘If by any chance you are sick of me – I wouldn’t be surprised – and never want to see me again … please tell me straight and not let it drag on…’
This is because we’re not seeing all that much of each other. She says she won’t throw herself off the bridge or slash her wrists or anything.

‘So if you’re afraid I’ll be upset, forget it.’
But she doesn’t want to get rid of me.

‘That wasn’t a hint … so, please, come round sometime.’
I should, but when I try she’s often busy or her mum won’t let her ‘play’ – or I go round and her mum gets all icy with me. But I should see more of her. But then I’m obliged to go to Yorkshire at weekends, too. I don’t know when I’ll see her again – it could be even be weeks. If only she’d come to Skating that night…

She now plays hockey for the county. Two kisses.

OLD DIARY ENTRIES…
This time 9 years ago:‘I watched Doctor Who: The Hand Of Fear (Part Two).


This time 5 years ago:
‘I got Empire Strikes Back Weekly 138 from the shop on the parade.’


This time 2 years ago:
Terrahawks was on TV.’




[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment