The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 7 September 1985

Tribute to a Shit

‘The Anvil’ – Visage


Aunt Vi’s 36th birthday!

Went up to Ponty with Mum and Freddie to get Jack for the day. We took him to Leeds, where I finally bought the 7- and 12-inch singles of ‘When Your Heart Runs Out Of Time’ by Glenn Gregory & Claudia Brücken.


Tonight, I went to Flash’s where we recorded a chat between Flash and me, and Flash addressing my mates. We did this on the ‘A’ side of our Doctor Who Documentary spoof from the Summer Hols.

We packaged this in a poster-sized box, which I brought back for my mates (Jazz, Jabba, Stan, etc) to hear.


OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

This time 2 years ago:
‘I got Return of the Jedi Weekly 13.’


[Text Copyright: Elton Townend Jones/Dyad Productions, 2010 / Images subject to control of Copyright Holder / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

Special thanks to Waen Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment