The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 8 September 1985

Forever (What the Hell)

‘In Search of Peter Pan’ – Kate Bush


We left Ponty after a lunchtime session round the pubs with Aunty Vi, Brian and our Martin. Martin’s coming down in two weeks to start a job at Freddie’s work. Ace! I can’t wait!

Mum, Freddie and I went to Barmston to see Gran and Granddad Pritchard in their caravan. They’d gone, though. And sold the caravan. So we went into Bridlington instead.

Now I am home, back in my lovely caravan with my comics and my music.

OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

This time 6 years ago:
‘I watched Doctor Who: Destiny Of The Daleks (Part Two).


This time 2 years ago:
‘I watched The Sea Wolves on TV.’


This time last year:
‘Paul came down to visit Jack and brought his recently discovered French cousins and a French girl he’s going out with called Brigitte. He’s recorded a song for her and it’s really good. I also got Doctor Who Monthly issue 93 and Return of the Jedi Weekly 65

…It was an enjoyable day.’

[Text Copyright: Elton Townend Jones/Dyad Productions, 2010 / Images subject to control of Copyright Holder / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

No comments:

Post a Comment