The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 17 March 1985

Nine Years From Now: 17/03/94

NINE YEARS FROM NOW…

'Tonight, Lilith and I went to see Who Is Jon Pertwee, the Jon Pertwee talk/show thing at St AlbansMaltings Arts Theatre.

I think I originally wanted to go because he was one of the Doctors Who, but after seeing him, I am just overwhelmed at how much I now really like him as a man. What an excellent bloke and what an excellent life!

Good to hear him say ‘frigging’ at least four times, nice to hear how he smacked a cane into the face of a school bully, giving him 14 stitches, and also to hear him say of the Daleks: ‘Go up a flight of stairs and you’ve got ‘em screwed!’ He said a few sad words about Tom Baker’s distancing himself from the other Doctor actors, too.

I’d like also to note that Jeremy Bentham (who Flash and I met in 1990) was in attendance. I note this because he gave me so much pleasure as a child when I read his features in Doctor Who Weekly.

Lili and I had a splendid evening.

JON PERTWEE IS SKILL!

I wish I had my videos…'

[Images subject to control of Copyright Holder / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

No comments:

Post a Comment