The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 30 March 1985

Charlotte Vine

'The Robots' – Kraftwerk


Went up town (Wisbech) with Dave.

When I came home, I watched most of Doctor Who: Revelation Of The Daleks (Part Two) on the shitty portable.


Tonight, I went to the Fire Station Disco in Wisbech. There, I started talking to Jayne again. I danced with a girl called Charlotte Vine. She’s lovely: tall, curvy, and brunette with bobbed hair and a chequered dress. I asked her out.

Still no answer. No address!

OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

This time 3 years ago:
Doctor Who: Time-Flight (Part Four) was okay, but Tegan’s left now, which is a shame.’


This time 2 years ago:
Summer Holiday was on TV...

...It was fantabulous!


I am in love with Lauri Peters!’

This time last year:
‘After half a day at school, I was given a lift up to Pontefract where I finally arrived at Gran Pritchard’s. Watched Doctor Who: The Twin Dilemma (Part Four).



Later, I went to Aunty Vi’s, Make-Up’s and Birdy’s, chatting generally to them all.’

[Text Copyright: Elton Townend Jones, 2010 / Images subject to control of Copyright Holder / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / All video clips used for illustrative purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.]

No comments:

Post a Comment